Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, this position is responsible for planning, directing and managing multi-national/multi-currency financial and accounting activities including month end close, maintenance of general ledger, financial audits & internal reporting. Additional responsibilities include technical accounting research, preparing GAAP financial statements, establishing and maintaining accounting policies and lead/coordinate federal, multi-state and foreign entities tax return preparation with external firm.
- Provide leadership and drive for process consistency, simplification and efficiency improvement across accounting functions.
- Provide leadership to enable the accounting function to prepare for and support, external accounting and tax regulations (e.g. transfer pricing), and internal policies (e.g. account reconciliation standards)
- Coordinate with outside tax advisors/preparers to ensure compliance with all required filings and law changes.
- Respond to information requests and notices from US and international tax authorities
- Proactively communicate with CFO about unusual accounting entries.
- Evaluate and manage the organization, selection, performance management, coaching, and development of direct reports. Oversee the development of the rest of the accounting staff.
- Ensures that company financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP (IFRS). Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents.
- Review actual financial accounting practice and procedures to ensure that company consolidated income statement and balance sheets are accurate, reconciled and consistent with the defined policies.
- Review income statement and balance sheet movements and ensure clear explanations are provided for material movements and appropriate treatment of unusual or infrequent transactions.
- Ensure ‘checks and balances’ are in place to verify the completeness, appropriate accuracy, and timeliness of financial statements and associated reconciliation/review/audit processes.
- Evaluate financial control risks across the business and in Finance specifically and develop and implement appropriate procedures to mitigate.
- Ensure high levels of coordination between accounting functions and other areas of Finance.
- Ensure necessary procedures are in place to accurately control and forecast cash balances.
- Maintain appropriate financial computer systems, appropriate access, and change controls are in place.
- Maintain effective working relationships with auditors. Lead and support the annual external financial audit process, including audit planning and coordination.
- Establish and maintain close coordination with financial operations, functional department heads and FP&A to ensure proper input into internal financial reporting
- Prepare consolidated financial statements compliance with US GAAP guidance.